9 August 2007

Training...

Went for a "short" 15 km run through the dunes yesterday. It went well and all except for that I was held up by 3 girls cycling the same route I was running. Of course it is a well known fact that we have plenty of cyclists in Holland so I'm quite comfortable running and looking out for cyclists. Only this time the 3 girls, who were probably on their way home from the beach or shopping, were having a little trouble getting up the dunes and coping with the wind. Although as a runner I too have a little trouble once in a while with steep inclines and wind, rain and other disturbing weather conditions, I was surprised to find that I was overtaking the 3 girls on the way up the dunes while they were overtaking me once more going down the dunes. This continued over a stretch of about 5 kms. I finally wished the 3 ladies a pleasant trip and took a right while they kept going down the road. I guess its just a weird feeling as a runner to be overtaking people on bikes. The whole reason that bikes were invented was that people could get somewhere faster than on foot. These girls have proven to me that foot power is still a viable transportation form and have restoreed my motivation to keep training.

I ran the 15km in 1:17:00. Not too bad...

Have a good one...

No comments: