3 June 2007

Good week of Golf, Bad week of Running...

Its been a bad week for running. The weather and niggling little injuries led to the worst training run since two months. It has to do with the injuries, but also with a lack of motivation. Since I have no plans to run any meets until August it becomes harder go out every other day to train. Its really frustrating when things don't quite work out, and a training session that doesn't go well leaves your body hurting four times as much the next day. It makes you question the reasons you're running the many kilometers per week. Will give it a go again tonight, see if it goes any better. If not, I'll be taking a week off.

Like the title says, its been a good golfing couple of weeks. It seems that although the running form is not going well, I'm finally hitting a bit of form on the golfcourse. It helps that the course is looking great at the moment and that the weather is okay, but I tend to give myself the credit when things go well and blame other things when things are not going well. Typical sportsman I guess. With the club championships coming up its the best time to get a bit of form, not to mention about time to get a bit of form. Its been an extremely frustrating season so far. My last couple of rounds: 75, 76, 74 (Par 72 course, www.nngcc.nl). Even won some prizes, a second place and a best bruto score, I now have a complete set of engraved whiskey glasses, yeah, yeah.

On that bombshell, I'm off for a run...

Have a good one!!!

One more thing: Want to congratulate a friend of mine on reaching 30!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ULRICH!!!!!!!

No comments: