11 June 2007

Its been a week...

Its been a week and nothing drastic has happened. Life seems to take its course and throw a roadblock or two in front of me, but no serious car crashes yet. Although I have found out that I need to learn to time my performances on the golf course a little better. Finished 4th in the club championships strokeplay over the weekend, but really let the championship slip out of my sweaty hands by screwing up in the second and third rounds. Its the MOST FRUSTRATING sport I have encountered in a long time. And its a good thing that I don't have to earn a living by playing golf, or I be more broke than the bum down the end of my street, although he's probably earning more money by getting the dole off the government every month. Typical...

So life on the links is frustrating, but the weather is great. The ice cream I buy melts in my freezer, thats how warm its been. I've got the standard golfers tan. A 'v' on my chest and sleeves on my arms. Hilariously unattractive of course. But unavoidable, since I'm sure I'd drive the other golfers gagging off the course if I'd walk around topless. And there's a whole summer ahead of us. I've said this before and I'm going to say it again, Long life global warming... The only shitty thing is that training is really tough in a 25 degree heat, been waking up early to go and train...

So spare a thought for the lonely morning runner when you're drinking your coffee in bed...

Have a good one...




No comments: