3 July 2007

One Training Partner Less...

Back in training for less than a couple of days and I've lost my favourite training partner, Max, the family dog. He's going on 12 years old now and unfortunately he can't keep up with me anymore. It makes running that much more of a lonely enterprise. I enjoy the loneliness though, sometimes... In many ways Max has been a perfect training partner. Always gave his best, no matter what, never complained, doesn't talk continuously (which implies that you have to talk back), and always had a grin on his face. I have seldomly seen a more content character on this earth.

I've therefore decided that its better if max doesn't join me for my runs in the dunes on the Dutch coast. He slows me down, and comes back a broken dog. Who ever said running was healthy? Its a shame though, but has been good fun while it lasted. A sentence that can be used to describe so many things in life...

If you want info. on what breed Max is, check: http://www.drentschepatrijshond.org/
The site is in Dutch, but the pictures are good...

Update on me: injuries are under control, everything else is doing fine, jobsearching is exciting...

Have a good one...

No comments: