24 February 2007

A Kilometer TOO Far

Welcome all,

I'll be keeping you up to date on my progress as an amateur runner, also known as an idiot runner, since no one in their right mind would start running for any rational reason other than bags of money, over the next couple of months. My mission for this year: To run two marathons in the space of a month. Yes, I know this mission dwarfs in comparison with people running a marathon a day for charity, or running marathons in animal suits, or diving suits, or any suit whatsoever, but its a mission. Why, I hear you ask. Well, my primary reasoning stems from pure boredom, and a mission to forget. What do I hope to achieve? A little self-discovery. I'm not planning to experience an epiphany while I'm running, but you do find that you think a little clearer after a run. What can you find on this site? Basically I'll be posting my training schedule, results, running updates, and any other generally useless info I think might be interesting. In many ways I'll be using this site to vent my frustrations, feelings and thoughts that have come to me over the day. Plus, there will be links to sites I think are cool or worth visiting, pictures I've taken, and the other usual things (its so hard to be original these days). One last question. Many friends of mine will probably ask themselves why I'm writing this Blog in English even though I'm Dutch. Well, thats because I want to reach a larger audience than the puny 17 million Dutch speaking people in the world (the Flemish don't really count), and most Dutch people speak English anyway. As a last thought...Enjoy my journey, as I'm not sure I'll be enjoying it as much all the time (they say a marathon is the worst thing you can do to your body)...

No comments: