14 May 2007

The Royal Ten...and mothers day...

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there!!!!

As a present to my mum I went and ran the The Hague Royal Ten, a 10km run through the Haagsche Bos (The Hague forest) and past the Queen's palace (Huis ten Bosch). A good event with about 2900 people participating. I ended up running it in 52:20, which isn't a bad time considering I spent all day Saturday on the golf course playing two rounds in crap weather. A guy from Rwanda won the event by running the 10 km in around 28 minutes. I saw them speed past me going past the 6 km mark while I was still on my way to the 5 km mark. Crazy stuff...

Anyway, I'm gearing myself up to run the Groningen half marathon on Thursday. Should be a blast, and I'm hoping I'll be able to beat my time of 2:09 from the last half marathon I ran.

Have a good one and keep posted for more news at the end of the week.

No comments: