12 March 2007

Spring has come at last...

Its a beautiful day, the sun is shining, I feel good, no ones going to stop me now...

Well, that's one way of enjoying the first real spring day, 15 degrees and sunny. Yet still I have a feeling that everything is not sunny and beautiful. I trained for the last time before this weekends half marathon. Went for a 10 km run and feel like I won't be ready this weekend. But I put that to nerves. Its funny, according to my schedule I have to run competition/matches/ runs every 4 weeks. That means running a half marathon every one and a half months if I want to be ready for September. Today is the first time I actually doubted what I'm doing, and wondered why the hell I want to run two marathons. I've convinced myself that it's because I tend to do things the hard way. Almost everything I try I do the hard way, I try sports even though I might not have trained for ages. I pick thesis subjects that prove to be almost impossible to find data for yet still I want to pursue them. I tend to get into relationships that only really have a 10 per cent chance of succeeding... Life sucks doesn't it...

I'm still angry at the world once in a while. I talked about it over the weekend with my friends and I was told that I shouldn't think too much. Its something that I've heard before, but an active mind is hard to slow down. In many cases this is not a bad thing, as long as I apply my thinking to the right things, but I don't do that 7 out of 10 times, and I'm probably better for it. Its easy to put things away just because you don't want to think about it anymore, or its something you don't want to confront. It may take me longer to get through things that are difficult to accept or deal with, but at least I deal with those things. And I have a firm belief that a lot of stuff is worth remembering, which apart from leading me to remember the most stupid little facts, gives me the privilege of remembering a lot of fantastic things that others feel are insignificant. When it comes to other people, nothing is insignificant...

Enjoy the start of spring, and the birds and the bees, blah, blah, blah, etc...

No comments: