19 March 2007

Rest and Relaxation...

The above statement is nothing for me. I still feel I need to rest after Saturday's run, but I want to really get back on the road. Luckily the weather is crap at the moment, as we are getting lots of snow and hail storms across the country, so sitting inside is a lot easier than expected. I posted the wrong time yesterday, the right time is a bit quicker: 2:09:19. Yes, those 20 seconds make all the difference for my self-confidence.

Yet rest and relaxation is not all good for me, it gives me way too much time to think. Especially since I'm up at 8 to walk the dog anyway, and you can only read so many academic articles on leveraged buy-outs before you fall asleep, or the mind drifts off. Working is a lot easier because there is a sense of urgency behind each bit of work that you do. So once my mind starts wandering to places, some completely silly, and others way too serious I came across one question;
Wrong time, wrong place, right person, what can you do?
Think about each section and split it up into many different points of view, and the question becomes a real brainteaser. For example, wrong time does not have to mean the specific time, but can also mean your personal time or stage of your life, etc. This is why people warn me about thinking too much, and having too much time on my hands.
Besides, the question used to be; Right time, right place, wrong person, what can you do?
Its a small but extremely significant difference...

No comments: